Terms and Conditions
Document effective 1 January, 2022
- By visiting and signing up on this site, you accept our terms and conditions of service.
- Keble Limited (“Keble”) is registered with the Corporate Affairs Commissions as a Nigerian Entity and Registered in Delaware as a United States Entity as “Keble Inc”. We are registered as a Cooperative Multipurpose Society Limited registered under the Cooperative Law of Lagos State.
- Keble is also Certified by the Special Control Unit Against Money Laundering (SCMUL) with the provisions of section 5 (1) (a) and (4) of the Money Laundering (Prohibition) Act 2011.
- Keble provides an automated fractional Real estate investment platform available online and through mobile applications.
1.1 Effective Date
- This agreement will be effective on your acceptance of its terms electronically or otherwise through the platform.
- You must be 18 or older to access our website or mobile applications.
2.2 Your Access
2.3 Alerts, Notifications and Service Communications
- By creating a User Account, you automatically sign up for various types of alerts via e-mail and mobile notification. We never include your password in these communications, but we may include your name, or email address and information about your portfolio(s) if you are a Client. Anyone with access to your e-mail or mobile device will be able to view these alerts. You may unsubscribe from marketing oriented emails at any time.
- All information and documents obtained by Keble or its employees, consultants or agents which are not published or otherwise publicly available shall be kept confidential and not disclosed to third parties or the public. This restriction shall not apply to any information disclosed to legal advisers, or to a third party to the extent that this is required, by any court of competent jurisdiction, or by a governmental or regulatory authority in Nigeria. This covenant shall survive termination of this Agreement.
3. Keble Services
- Keble will deliver the Services exclusively through an online platform and/or mobile application (collectively, including any updates and replacement or supplement to them, the “Electronic Platform”);
- Keble may provide Services in person, over the phone, or through any other medium, other than through the Electronic Platform;
- you may contact Keble by email during its business hours regarding technical questions about the Electronic Platform or Keble’s services.
- As part of the User Account opening process, you will be required to complete a questionnaire (the “Questionnaire”) that will provide us with certain information regarding your financial situation, including but not limited to information regarding your financial situation, goals, objectives and risk tolerance. Keble’s algorithmic-based technology will analyze your responses to the Questionnaire to recommend offerings that are suitable based on your target risk profile, your financial objectives and other information. You have the option to override Keble’s recommendation and choose a different strategy offered by Keble.
- You may update your risk profile at any time by updating the responses to the Questionnaire. At a minimum, you will be prompted to review and/or update the responses to the Questionnaire on an annual basis. It is your responsibility to update your information in the Questionnaire if your situation changes. You are solely responsible for evaluating the merits and risks associated with any investments and the recommendations made by Keble.
- You acknowledge that Keble does not provide:
- comprehensive financial planning services, and its Services are not a complete investment program;
- tax, accounting or legal advice; You are encouraged to consider additional asset classes, strategies and investments to supplement your overall plan; and to consult with your tax advisor regarding any tax consequences related to your account.
3.1 Fee and Expenses
- The management fee for each investment is based on the Profit from each fixed income Project and Return from each Rental Yield.
- The annual management fee will be accrued daily and collected monthly or if a Client terminates his or her account before a month-end the management fee will be pro-rated. Management fees will also be pro-rated based on additions or withdrawals to the User Account during the applicable billing period. If a Client requests a withdrawal that will result in insufficient assets to pay any fees that are due at the time of the withdrawal, fees will be collected at the time of the withdrawal.
- You hereby acknowledge that you may incur certain other charges imposed by third-party financial institutions. These additional costs may include, and are not limited to bank transfer fees, transfer taxes etc. You understand that these fees are not included in the fee that you pay to Keble.
- By signing this Agreement, you authorize Keble to deduct any fees applicable to your User Account directly from your User Account (the “Account Fees”).
- Payment of fees generally will be made first from Account assets in cash, next from the liquidation of cash equivalents, and finally from liquidation of Assets held in your Account. Until you terminate your Account, you will be deemed to reaffirm continuously your agreement that Keble may deduct the Account Fees from your Account.
4 Disclaimer and Limit of Liability
4.1 For a User who is not a Client
4.2 Non- Exclusive Services
- You understand and agree that we provide the Services for other Clients. You further understand that we and our affiliates may take investment action on behalf of such other Clients, that differ from investment action taken on behalf of your account.
4.3 Investment Risks
- You recognize that there may be loss or depreciation of the value of any investment and the assets due to the fluctuation of market values, and accordingly the value of your Account will change and may decrease. You represent that we have not made any guarantee, either oral or written, that your investment objective will be achieved or that the value of any Account assets will not decline. Nothing in this Agreement may be interpreted to limit or modify our fiduciary duties to you and nothing in this Agreement shall be deemed a waiver of any right or remedy that you may have under the applicable laws.
4.4 Disclaimer Warranties
- Your use of Keble’s website, and the personal information you provide is at your sole discretion. Keble’s website and all materials, information, products and services included therein, are provided on an AS IS and AS AVAILABLE basis without warranties of any kind from Keble.
- EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, RELATING TO KEBLE’S WEBSITE, CONTENT AND/OR USER INFORMATION, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT OF PROPRIETARY RIGHTS, COURSE OF DEALING OR COURSE OF PERFORMANCE. KEBLE DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED:
- 1. REGARDING THE AVAILABILITY, SECURITY, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, TIMELINESS AND PERFORMANCE OF KEBLE’S WEBSITE, CONTENT AND/OR USER INFORMATION;
- 2. THAT KEBLE’S WEBSITE WILL BE ERROR-FREE OR THAT ANY ERRORS WILL BE CORRECTED;
- 3. THAT KEBLE’S WEBSITE WILL BE FREE FROM ELECTRONIC VIRUSES; OR
- 4. REGARDING THE PERFORMANCE OF OR ACCURACY, QUALITY, CURRENCY, COMPLETENESS OR USEFULNESS OF ANY INFORMATION PROVIDED BY Keble ON ITS WEBSITE INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH SOCIAL MEDIA.
- No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from Keble’s website, shall create any warranty not expressly stated in this Agreement. If you choose to rely on such information, you do so solely at your own risk.
- You hereby undertake to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Keble, their directors, officers, employees, agents, successors or assigns from and against any and all claims, losses, damages, liabilities, costs and expenses (including but not limited to reasonable legal fees) while acting in accordance with the terms of this Agreement and that are not a direct result of a breach of the terms herein state, bad faith, negligence, and material violation of applicable laws.
- Keble shall not be liable for any loss affecting the assets held by it on behalf of the Client, where such losses are the result of unforeseen adverse market conditions, government restrictions, exchange or market rulings.
- Keble shall not be liable for any act or failure to act by any third party.
4.6 Limitation of Liability
- IN NO EVENT SHALL Keble OR ANY OF ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, OR AGENTS BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF Keble, CONTENT AND/OR USER INFORMATION, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE QUALITY, ACCURACY, OR UTILITY OF THE INFORMATION PROVIDED AS PART OF OR THROUGH KEBLE OR FOR ANY INVESTMENT DECISIONS MADE ON THE BASIS OF SUCH INFORMATION, WHETHER THE DAMAGES ARE FORESEEABLE AND WHETHER OR NOT KEBLE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE FOREGOING LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW IN THE APPLICABLE JURISDICTION AND IN NO EVENT SHALL KEBLE’S CUMULATIVE LIABILITY TO YOU EXCEED ₦10,000.
5. Anti-Money Laundering
- You represent and warrant the following and shall promptly notify Keble if any of the following ceases to be true and accurate:
- 1. To the best of your knowledge based on appropriate diligence and investigation, none of the cash or assets that will be managed by Keble has been or shall be derived from or related to any activity that is deemed to be in contravention of The Money Laundering (Prohibition) Act 2011 (“AML Laws”);
- 2. No contribution or payment by you to Keble shall cause Keble to be in violation of the AML Laws
- Where we discover that the representations above are untrue or inaccurate or that our Electronic Platform is being used to launder money or for any suspicious transactions, we have an obligation to report your activities to the relevant authorities without recourse to you.
6. Representations and Warranties
6.1 You represent and warrant that:
- 6.1.1 you have full power and authority to enter into this agreement;
- 6.1.2 the terms hereof do not violate any obligation by which you are bound, whether arising by contract or operation of law, or otherwise;
- 6.1.3 the assets in the User Accounts are free from all liens and charges; and
- 6.1.4 you shall promptly notify Keble if any of your representations or warranties in this Agreement are no longer true or completely accurate
- Each of us can end this agreement at any time, subject to the maturity of all Investment Plans. We may terminate or suspend your access to Keble, at any time with prior notice to you if your account is found to be fraudulent.
8. Keble "Dos" and "Don’ts"
- Keble grants you a license to use our website and mobile applications so long as you comply with all our rules.
8.1 Dos: You agree you will:
- 1. Comply with all applicable laws, including, without limitation, privacy laws, intellectual property laws, anti-spam laws, export control laws, tax laws, and regulatory requirements;
- 2. Provide accurate information to us, whether reported directly or through a third party who you authorize, and keep it updated;
- 3. Use the services solely for your personal, non-commercial use aside third party Partners;
- 4. Use your real name on your profile and keep your password confidential;
- 5. Use the Services in a professional manner.
8.2 Don’ts: You agree you won’t:
- 1. Circumvent, disable, or otherwise interfere with security-related features of Keble or features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any content or User information
- 2. Upload, email, transmit, provide, or otherwise make available:
- 2.1 any User information which you do not have the lawful right to use, copy, transmit, display, or make available (including any User information that would violate any confidentiality or fiduciary obligations that you might have with respect to the User information); or
- 2.2 any User information that infringes the intellectual property rights of, or violates the privacy rights of, any third-party (including without limitation copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or other intellectual property right, moral right, or right of publicity); or
- 2.3 unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or any other form of solicitation; or
- 2.4 any personal information that is unlawful, obscene, harmful, threatening, harassing, defamatory, or hateful, or that contain objects or symbols of hate, invade the privacy of any third-party, contain nudity, are deceptive, threatening, abusive, inciting of unlawful action, or are otherwise objectionable in the sole discretion of Keble; or
- 2.5 any personal information that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs designed to (i) interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any computer software; or (ii) interfere with the access of any user, host or network, including without limitation overloading, flooding, spamming, mail-bombing, or sending a virus to Keble; or
- 2.6 any personal information that includes code that is hidden or otherwise surreptitiously contained within the User information;
- 2.7 any personal information that includes code that is hidden or otherwise surreptitiously contained within the User information;
- 2.8 Use any meta tags or other hidden text or metadata utilizing a Keble name, trademark, URL or product name;
- 2.9 Forge any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any posting, or in any way use Keble to send altered, deceptive, or false source- identifying information;
- 2.10 Interfere with or disrupt (or attempt to interfere with or disrupt) any Keble web page, server, or network, or the technical delivery systems of Keble’s providers, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies, or regulations of networks connected to Keble.
- 2.11 Attempt to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any Keble system or network or breach or impair or circumvent any security or authentication measures protecting Keble;
- 2.12 Attempt to decipher, decompile, disassemble, or reverse-engineer any of the software used to provide Keble;
- 2.13 Attempt to access, search, or meta-search Keble or content thereon with any engine, software, tool, agent, device, or mechanism other than software and/or search agents provided by Keble or other generally available third- party web browsers, including without limitation any software that sends queries to Keble to determine how a website or web page ranks;
- 2.15 Impersonate or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity, through pretexting or some other form of social engineering, or commit fraud;
- 2.16 Solicit any User for any investment or other commercial or promotional transaction;
- 2.17 Violate any applicable law, regulation, or ordinance;
- 2.18 Scrape or copy information through any means (including crawlers, browser plugins and add-ons, and any other technology or manual work);
- 2.19 Use, launch, or permit to be used any automated system, including without limitation "robots," "crawlers," or "spiders"; or
- 2.20 Copy or use the information, content or data on Keble in connection with a competitive service (as determined by Keble);
- 2.21 Monitor Keble’s availability, performance or functionality for any competitive purposes
- 2.23 Copyrighted Materials: No Unauthorized Use. If you become aware of misuse of Keble or content thereon by any person, please contact Keble to report any abuse. Keble has adopted and implemented a policy that provides for the termination of Accounts of users who infringe the rights of copyright holders. Please see the Keble Copyright and Intellectual Property Policy for further information.
9. General Terms
10. International Use
Keble is only for use in Nigeria
- Keble is only available for use in Nigeria by Nigerians. We make no representation that Keble is appropriate or available for use outside Nigeria. Similarly, we make no representations that accessing Keble from locations outside Nigeria is legal or permissible by local law. If you access Keble from areas outside of Nigeria, you do so at your own risk and are yourself responsible for compliance with local laws.
11.1 Governing Law and Dispute Resolution
- This Agreement shall be governed, construed, and enforced pursuant to the laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
- Any disagreement, dispute or difference howsoever arising, from this Agreement, including its interpretation and validity or as to the rights, duties and liabilities of the Parties hereto or as to any other matter in any way connected with or arising out of or in relation to the subject matter of this Agreement, which cannot be amicably resolved by the Parties within 30 (thirty) days shall be referred to arbitration in accordance with and subject to the provisions of the Arbitration and Conciliation Act, Cap A18, Laws of the Federation of Nigeria 2004.
11.2 Integration & Severability
- If any provision of this Agreement is found to be illegal, unenforceable or invalid, that provision will be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that this Agreement will otherwise remain in full force and effect.
- The failure of either party to exercise in any respect any right provided for herein shall not be deemed a waiver of any further rights hereunder.
11.4 Communication: Any notice or communication will be in writing by email
- You hereby authorize Keble to deliver notices required under this Agreement by (a) Keble via email (in each case to the address that you provide), or (b) you via email to hello@Keble.co or to such other addresses as Keble may specify in writing. The date of receipt shall be deemed the date on which such notice is transmitted.
- You agree to notify Keble if you have any reason to believe your email address or account may have been compromised by any third party.
- You can also contact Keble by phone at +234 (0) 7036821841 or via physical mail at:
- 23 Hughes Avenue, Alagomeji Yaba at Amazing Grace Plaza